|vifabio » Biological Online-Databases|
Biological Online Databases
The Virtual Library of Biology provides various ways of access to biological databases:
- Find the "right" database by using our Database Guide, a catalogue of biological online databases! There, you will find bibliographic as well as factual and picture databases.
- Nationwide usage of bibliographic databases free of cost via National Licenses in Germany:
- Biological Abstracts / BIOSIS Previews (volumes 1926-2004)
- Zoological Record (volumes 1864-2007)
- CAB Abstracts Archive (volumes 1910-1989)
Some article databases, among them PubMed and BioLIS, have been integrated into vifabio’s Virtual Catalogue for unlimited parallel searching. For academic institutions in Germany, parallel searching can be extended to include Biological Abstracts (volumes 1926-2004) und Zoological Record (volumes 1864-2007).